WordCamp Lisboa 2012 is happening this weekend and will spread over two days, the second being a developers’ hack day. You should definitely attend if you can, and here’s why:
- Most of the WP Realm team will be in town and some of them will be presenting!
- Lisbon is a very cosmopolitan european city where most, if not all, WordPress enthusiasts are fluent in (at least) English. Last year’s WordCamp had a dozens of attendees from other countries, including speakers such as Drew Strojny, Scott Berkun and Isaac Keyet.
- In keeping with the portuguese sea-faring tradition, it is also the home of a very active WordPress community, with very strong ties to users, designers and developers all around the world, not to mention the fact that it is also the home of our very own CodePoet.
- I like to think that the city is one of the places in Europe which you simply must visit. Don’t take my word for it, by all means, take a peak at what the New York Times has to say about Lisbon.
- Also, after-party; you know you want to.
Here’s a little shameless bait: