If you have been following the WordPress News then you’ll have heard about the WordPress Community Summit. The Summit is for WordPress community members, contributors, business people and general WordPress people. The make.wordpress.org/summit/ blog has gone up with a list of invited people. The list makes for some interesting reading, and there’s some surprises in there who, if they attend, will no doubt bring a bit of “excitement” to the proceedings.
Here at the Realm we’re really chuffed, that not one, not even two or three or four, but five of our number have been invited! These are:
- Remkus de Fries aka Friesibeast – our founder and the man responsible for WordCamp Netherlands and the Dutch translation of WordPress
- Noel Tock – WordCamp Zurich organizer & happytables founder, thinks themes are dead
- Zé Fontainhas – WordPress Polyglots lead, grumpiest man in the world
- Andrea Rennick – Support/Docs Team Rep, WordPress mother and quilter
- Me – Siobhan McKeown – writer of Smashing Mag articles, doc writer and general overexcitable & impatient person
It’s going to be a great chance for us all to meet up, and to get to know the rest of the community. We’re all really excited to be representing our respective countries, to meet with folks stateside and to show them just how vibrant the international WordPress community is.
What do you think of the list? Anyone you think shouldn’t have been on there? Anyone you think is missing?
Joe Hoyle says
Congrats crew! Couldn’t think of a better list of people to be involved!
Siobhan McKeown says
Thanks Joe – we’re now all on a mission to generate the funds to go. It’s a long way!
Zé Fontainhas says
I am a healthy portion of grumpy, not the grumpiest. Hmph.
Kevinjohn Gallagher says
Any idea who?